Shortly after the Light the Future Choir landed in Oklahoma City on Oct. 27, they erupted into song and dance at the airport. The 19 children from Maisha have not stopped dancing since.
The Light the Future Choir has been in Oklahoma for less than a month, but has already performed at many places throughout the metro, including Heritage Baptist Church, Bridgeway Church, Edgemere Under the Stars at Crown Jewel Amphitheatre, First Baptist Church Washington, and First Baptist Church Moore.
The choir had over 400 people on their feet, singing and clapping along to the choir’s rendition of “Oklahoma” on Nov. 7 at the Light the Future Gala 2015. The night was filled with food, fun and fellowship. The children were able to help tell The Maisha Story while blessing Oklahomans with their talents.
If you had your picture taken at the gala, visit https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-5RsXJ4/i-4r3FxDQ to view and purchase your photos.
When the choir isn’t performing, they’re exploring all Oklahoma has to offer. The choir has visited Frontier City, the University of Oklahoma and several elementary schools. They have painted ceramics at Unpluggits Playstudio and have spent the day outdoors shooting archery and paddleboating at Make Promises Happen.
You still have a chance to hear the choir at one of their remaining performances. Come to one of the following events to watch the 19 member choir from Maisha sing and dance!
- Wed 11/18 – 6:30 pm AME Allen Chapel
- Sun 11/22 – 8:30, 10 & 11:30 am services Choctaw Road Baptist Church
- Sun 11/22 – 6 pm First Baptist Church Choctaw
- Tues 11/24 – 7 pm Oklahoma City Blue v. Los Angeles D-Fenders Game at the Cox Convention Center. *There is an $8 entrance charge – contact Maisha for tickets by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Cody in the office – 405.445.3440.
- Fri 12/4 – 6 pm Night of Africa Dinner at Vintage Church in Edmond. *There will be an entrance fee, details TBA.
- Sun 12/6 – 10 am Vintage Church, Edmond